Data We Collect From You
We collect information from you that provide directly to us upon request, such as when you create or modify your account, use the Services, contact us through customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. This information may include: name, email, phone number, postal address, profile picture, payment methods, order information, and other information you elect to provide. Food Trucks authorize us to broadcast their locations in order assist people with locating them during specified periods of time when they are in operation.
Information We Collect Through Your Use of Our Services
When you use the StreetStop App and Services, we collect information about you in the following general categories:
• Location: Food Trucks authorize us to broadcast their locations in order assist people with locating them. If you permit the StreetStop App to access location services through the permission system used by your mobile operating system (“platform”), we may also collect the precise location of your device when the StreetStop App is running in the foreground or background. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address.
• Transaction: We gather transaction details related to your use of the StreetStop App and Services, including the type of items purchased requested, date and time the order was placed, the amount charged, and other transaction details. Additionally, if someone uses your promo code, we may associate your name with that person.
• Server Logs: We collect server logs, which may include information like device IP address, access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and the third-party site or service you were using before interacting with the StreetStop App and Services.
We do not knowingly collect, keep or maintain personal information from children under the age of 18, as we require that all users represent to us that they are at least 18 years old.
How We Use Personal Information
We may use the information we collect about you to:
• Provide, maintain, and improve the StreetStop App and Services, including, for example, to facilitate payments, send receipts, provide products and services you request (and send related information), develop new features, provide customer support to Customers and Food Trucks, authenticate Users, and send administrative messages;
• Perform internal operations, including, for example, to prevent fraud and abuse of the StreetStop App and Services; to troubleshoot software glitches; to conduct data analysis, testing, and research; and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends;
• Send or facilitate communications between a Customer and a Food Truck;
• Personalize and improve the Services, including to provide or recommend features, and related content.
Any third party with whom we are allowed to share your personal information is authorized to use your personal information in accordance with our contractual arrangements with such third parties and in accordance with their own privacy policies, over which we have no control, and you agree that we are not responsible or liable for any of their actions or omissions. Those who contact you will need to be instructed directly by you regarding your preferences for the use of your personal information by them.
We may also receive information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example, if you choose to link, create, or log in to your User account with a social media service (currently, only Facebook), we may receive information about you or your connections from that site or app – first and last name, e-mail address, and cell phone number.
You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us by following the instructions in those messages. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account, about the StreetStop App and Services, or our ongoing business relations. Company does not share your personally identifiable information with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes unless you provide us with consent to do so.
How to Edit Your Information
Company provides Users with the ability to access and edit your personal information. To update your personal info, select “Account Settings” in the Company menu. You can view, update and correct your account information from there.
We retain all information collected by us for an indefinite period of time. By making submissions and providing us with information, you are providing your consent to store all your information in one place for an indefinite period of time, at our discretion. If required by law, we will eliminate User information by erasing it from our servers. We will also respond to written User requests to eliminate account information.
We Share Personal Information in Certain Cases
We may share the information we collect about you as described in this Policy or as described at the time of collection or sharing, including as follows:
• With Food Trucks to enable them to provide the Services you request.
• With third parties with whom you choose to let us share information, for example other apps or software that integrates with our StreetStop App and Services; and
Users’ personal information may be passed on to a third party in the event of an asset sale, sale of ownership of Company, or our insolvency or bankruptcy. We may also disclose personal information when we determine that such disclosure is necessary to comply with applicable law, to cooperate with law enforcement, or to protect the interests or safety of Company or other Users of the StreetStop App. Whenever personal information is disclosed under this paragraph, we may also disclose your demographic information along with it, on a non-anonymous basis.
Company provides Users the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us and our partners at the point where we request information about the User. Company gives Users the option to remove their information from our database, to not receive future communications or to no longer receive the Services.
Your Company account is password-protected so that only you and authorized Company employees have access to your account. Do not give your password to anyone..
Company uses commercially reasonable and industry appropriate efforts to ensure that your information is secure on its system. Unfortunately, the Internet is not safe and data transmission over the Internet cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure, even with encryption and other techniques. As a result, Company cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your sole risk. Company expressly disclaims any liability that may arise should any other individuals obtain the information you submit to the StreetStop App.
Company has security measures in place to protect against unauthorized access, hacking, misuse and alteration of the information under our control.
We may transfer the information described in this Policy to, and process and store it in, the United States and other countries, some of which may have less protective data protection laws than the country in which you reside. We will take appropriate measures to protect your personal information in accordance with this Policy.
We may change this Statement from time to time. If we make significant changes in the way we treat your personal information, or to the Policy, we will provide you notice through the StreetStop App and Services or by some other means, such as email. Your continued use of the StreetStop App and Services after such notice constitutes your consent to the changes. We encourage you to periodically review the Policy for the latest information on our privacy practices.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at TheStreetStop, LLC, c/o Jeffrey T. Leonard, Esq., Cohen Pollock Merlin & Small, P.C., 3350 Riverwood Parkway, Suite 1600, Atlanta, Georgia 30339.
Version SEPTEMBER 29, 2016 – second draft